Monday, October 28, 2013

Email - October 28, 2013

Hey all! We're really pressed on time right now, so it's gonna be pretty rushed!

This week has been killer. I have loved every second of it, and I'm so excited for this next one because of it! I hope the miracles and success continues!

So a while back I told you all about Max and Daisy. Well we lost contact for a while. They had our number, but we didn't have theirs, so we had no way to find them. Hobson and I prayed every day for some way to come back into contact with them, so that we could progress with them even further. Finally this week on Thursday we were having a District activity here in Erlangen with all eight elders. Elder Hobson, Goodrich, Proffitt, and I were together, and as we were walking down the street, Goodrich said, I think we should go down this street to talk to people! We didn’t feel anything against it, so we thought, what the heck, why not.

We weren't seeing much success until we got to the very end of the street, and right around the corner, Max was helping Daisy fix her bike tire. Hobson and I almost screamed their names in excitement and they looked happy but kind of startled to see us because we were so happy to see them! We had a good talk, and we ended up making a deal. They have a church they attend that they really like here in Erlangen, and don't really want to separate from, so they said that if we came to their church, they would come to ours the next week.

So yesterday, Hobson and I met Max and Daisy at their Baptist church and attended their one hour service. It was very interesting, a lot of interesting insights, and the people were very friendly to us. So friendly, in fact, that we found EIGHT other people, four married couples from 23-26 years old who are friends of Max and Daisy. They invited us to come to lunch with them after the service, but we had appointments we had to get to, but we invited the rest of them also to church next week and to our sport day this week!! We may or may not have 11 investigators in church next week...it’s totally possible.

I have never been so thankful for the Lord and his hand and blessings in our lives! We have put so much effort into Daisy and Max, and if things work out, they could be the means of bringing literally dozens of others to the gospel. We can only hope and pray, and the Lord will do the rest, right?

I'm seriously so sorry that this is so short, but we gotta run! I just wanted to let you all know that things are going better than ever, I'm happier than ever, and that it's prettier than ever over here! I brought my camera, but forgot my cord, so I'll send more pictures next week! I've taken over 150 in the last week....I'm making up for those lost cycles, hardcore.

Tell everyone hi for me, and I'll hear from you all next week, where I promise we'll bring more money so we can write longer! Haha everything is better than ever!!

 I love you all! -- Elder McGinn

No comments:

Post a Comment