Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Email - February 26, 2013

Well well well, I'm back! Did you all miss me? :) I specially handpicked that card for Syd, despite weird looks from the cashier and all the cashiers asking me if that was for a special someone. I just smiled and said "obviously." :)

Oh my gosh, I can't even keep track of how many people I've seen here, my list is at 42 people. It was awesome seeing Tom! He didn't realize who I was for a second until we almost ran into each other and then he realized it wasn't just some punk missionary running into his shoulder! I guess I should probably get pictures to you guys soon, huh? It's not worth the wait down in the laundry room where the British kids taught us how to scrum in a rugby match today, but be expecting some soon! Either SD card or hard copies. I have plenty of gems on there.

Ah I love Sundays in here so much, they are without a doubt the busiest days, but you go to bed thinking "why was I cursed with the need to sleep? So many people to baptize, so few baptismal fonts." Hahaha I love every speaker. Most are from the missionary department, this week was Brother Allen, I missed his first name, and the one the week before was Craig C. Christensen, I believe he's in the Presidency of the 70..? They're all awesome, and then we always watch the movies afterwards.

We currently have two investigators, Slavko Kovacic and Stefan, and both are our teachers. Behind Sundays, teaching lessons is the best part of the week. You would think it is so distracting to have a pretend lesson, but it's not. Our teachers play the parts so well and they become a whole new person in your eyes, and the Spirit is so strong as you bear your testimony in broken, horribly grammatically constructed German, but they see how much you care and want them to know what you know. I can't even imagine how amazing REAL investigators must be, but I cannot even wait. We also had TRC this week (I don't know if you'd know what that is Griff?) but basically we teach either RM's, Members, Students, or legit investigators who are here and can speak German. We are given no time to prepare and have to come up with a lesson/spiritual thought on the spot. We got an old man who served his mission in Germany 50 years ago, and loved it. It was such a cool experience, and seeing how much he loves the language and the people got me more excited than ever. I can't wait, even though I will have to give up the constant supply of packages that my companions hate me for :)

Just to remind ourselves of what technology is like. Speaking of not knowing things, Mase, are you being serious about a meteor in Siberia?! And I heard the Pope stepped down too?!? I've only been in here for three weeks, and the world is already falling apart?!? We seriously hear nothing in hear (obviously it's to keep us focused) but if you have any other news about Martians or WWIII or the iPhone 22, let me know!

I miss my little nug, Cohen and his crazy laugh. My companions don't find it as funny to run into the room and jump on to the pillows screaming. In fact, they usually leave the room right after that. Haha has he learned any more words? (P.S. sorry Al, I have no time already and I'm slowly working on writing the boat load of letters back to people, right now. Anyone else who is wondering why they haven’t gotten a letter back yet, tell them I'm sorry and it won't be long!)

Wanna hear about my day? No? Too bad, I'll tell you anyway. So it was the regular P-Day, and we were going to go to the gym, but it was too crowded and they said we couldn't. So we got back to the room, (the black market room is the hangout in our building) and just playing around, Elder McColgan (the Welshman) shot Elder Penrod/Kuli (pen in German) in the head with a rubber band. All is fun and games until we bought every pack of rubber bands in the bookstore, and then the closets are cleaned out, the suitcases are unzipped, the chair tipped over, and before you know it, it's a war zone. For an hour we barricaded ourselves into corners, closets, and under desks and had a 4 on 4 rubber band war, all because they told us to find something else to do. It never ceases to amaze me the things that suddenly entertain you in the MTC without all other forms of entertainment :) so don't be worried about me, I find ways to keep myself entertained and inflict pain at the same time. :)

I apologize for the random format of my emails, there's always so much to say and not nearly enough time. I'm still perfecting the emails to get everything in in time, but even if I don't, just know that I love all of you and this Gospel more than you could ever know. Without all of you I wouldn't have this gospel, and without this gospel I couldn't have all of you.

Diese Evangelium ist die größest segnung im meinem Lebe. Durch Jesus Christus und sein Opfer, ich habe die gelgenheit zu lebe mit meine Familie ewigkeit. Gott ist unsere Vater im Himmel, und möchte uns zu ihm zurückkehren beim die rechte wählen. Wir sind nicht volkommen, aber durch das Sühnopfer können wir alle unser Sünde waschen weg. Die Menschen im Deutschland brauche diese Botschaft, und ich will es geben mit mein ganzen Sinne, Macht, Kraft, und Herzen also sie können wissen was ich weiß. Ich leibe dich alles, und Gott werde mich beschützen, wenn ich macht was er will. Ich habe gebetet fur dich jeden tag. Ich liebe mein Erlösser, und ich weiß das er lebt. Im Namen Jesu Christi, amen.

-THE Elder McGinn. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment