Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Email - February 12, 2013

Well, well, well..long time no see! Haha I feel like I've been in here for at least a month, but it feels like I got dropped off just a few hours ago too! It's a time warp in here, and everyone knows it. Days can drag on sometimes, but before you know it you've been in a week!

Where to begin..I love it here. It's exactly like everyone told me it was. It's rough to say goodbye, but you don't even have a second to think before everyone is talking to you, asking where you're going, prodding you through a line, giving you books in different languages, and then you sit. Alone in a room, waiting for a person on your envelope named "Gunnar Rex Ueda Pancheri." I didn't know my companion was from Star Wars. Then people start walking in, turn on the lights and wonder why you didn't and just sat alone in a dark room, and eventually you all start talking. Everyone had come in but my companion, so I was still a little nervous. In my district, it's a kid from Highland, Alpine, Spanish Fork, Wales and England, somewhere in the territory of Idaho, three sisters (Canada, Utah, and Virginia), me, and whoever my companion is. I heard a thumping down the hall and knew it was him. It just took time for everyone to warm up to each other, and now I love him! Elder Pancheri is from Idaho, plays baseball and has only been active for about the last 7 months when he met his girlfriend. He's funny and easy to get along with.  That's the companion, Elder Panda.

Let's talk about my branch president, Pres. Peterson. He was made the branch president three weeks ago when they split their only German branch into two. And he looks EXACTLY like the bad guy in National Treasure 2. I realized that in district meeting. So I’m always a little nervous he's got something up those artifact-stealing sleeves of his. He's a great guy, and he loves the missionaries and we love him.

Third, it's ridiculous how many people I've seen here in five days. I forgot my list, but I'll name a few: Benny, Mack, Brack, Jordan Haines, Austin Buxton, Chelsea Jensen (she's in my district, but left this morning for Berlin! Pics will be coming soon, of course), Chris Brunst, Skyler Payne, Nate Bartholomew, Patrick Clarke, Kaleb Egbert, Mrs. Jones from Oak Canyon, and so many more. I think I'm at 25, I'll bring the list next time. The only people missing are Cade and Bryson. I wish they were here and can't wait for them to get here and love and live it up in here! There is nothing like seeing so many people you know so well working so hard to change lives.

Fourth, the choir is MASSIVE. Biggest choir they've ever had. Of the almost 5000 missionaries in here, the choir was about 1000 of them. We get to sing at the devotional tonight, and I'm pretty stoked! There's not a lot of music here because it's the MTC, and it's so relaxing to get out of our jail cell classroom with a 12x12 in window in the top corner (yes, we measured) for a little.

Fifth, I don't know about you, Dad, Griff, or Mase, but I ANNIHILATE people at 4 square. I've quickly become the Lebron James of that square, feared by many. My reign will be swift but terrible.Haha

Six, I can pray and bear my testimony auf Deutsch! It's so cool, you all think it sounds like phlegm, but I think it's so pretty and smooth! In Sacrament on Sunday I was called up out of the blue to bear my testimony and rocked it.

I have five minutes to wrap it up, and I didn't even talk about everything I wanted to, but I'll slowly get you all up to speed in here! Just know that I love it. There's a feeling here that keeps you positive and up beat all day, it's seriously so hard to be negative, you have to try. They keep us so busy and I'm the youngest but best German speaker in my district, so it's fun! It's fun being the best, huh dad?

Haha I miss you all. My squeaky bunk isn't near as comfy as my bed at home, and even though I'm in a little snow globe called the MTC without my silver bullet, nothing could make me come home when there's so much that is waiting for me and my district out there in Germany. I thought I couldn't get any happier until I got mom's rolls last night, and now my district hates me :)

(get ready for google translate) Ich weiss dass diese Kirche, die Kirche Jesu Christi der wahr Kirche ist. Ich liebe das Buch Mormon, und ich bezuege dass es die Wahrheit enthaeltet. Wir koennen durch der Heilige Geist wissen, das der Sohn Gottes lebt und uns leibt. Jesus Christus ist mein und unsere Erloesser, and wir koennen zu Gott zuruckkehren, indem wir ihm naehe bleiben. Gott hat viele leibt fur uns. In namen Jesu Christi, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment