Monday, July 28, 2014

Email - July 28, 2014

Meine ewige Familie, oh wie ich euch Lieb habe. Look at me go, now I'm rhyming in German.

 I can't even express how proud of you guys I am! Blue beads. Heck yes. We can add it to my extensive collection over the years. And about the shirt, kein Problem! Beads are a must. Shirts are just an added bonus. I woulda been super proud. So no worries, Al, I know you fought like a champ! Besides, that squid hat is sick! Hahaha Fairview. I don't even know how to describe Fairview's ongoings. Was the hat stand next to the deep fried pickles and everything else you can imagine stand?

 Mother, the package exchange was successfully made last night. The Jensen's shot me a text in the middle of the day, and we organized an exchange for that night after we had planned for the day. Aren't they just the greatest people in the world? I can't believe that they take up space in their luggage to do that. Saints. And shoot, talk about best package ever! Sick Nike shirt, food and drinks galore, and OTTER POPS! Shoot, you guys still love me. I was starting to question it. :) so as soon as we're back in the apartment today, those bad boys should be frozen and ready to break out.

 Which brings me to the next point, yes, transfers! Präsident Stoddard's first official transfer call, and it was great! A lot of my really good friends out here are starting to go home, and it's kinda sad! For example, Elder Tim Meyer, who I took German with all through junior high, goes home on Thursday! All finished up. He was an incredible missionary, and it would make Frau Lindsay proud. Unfortunately, I'm leaving the Trifekta here in Frankfurt. They split us up, probably because it was too easy to get work done, and way too efficient. We're on our missions to learn, not just breeze through, so I had to leave. :( haha but I'll get over it, because I'm headed back to probably the prettiest place in the mission! Heidelberg.

 Before, I was in Karlsruhe, and Heidelberg was in that district, so I was there a few times, and I loved it. When I left to Frankfurt, I thought I probably wouldn't see it again. But now I'm back, and it's my city now. :) I'm super pumped. I'm serving with an elder named Elder Henderson, who I know really well, and we're excited to work together. Also, Elder Jensen, my last companion is still in Karlsruhe, and so now he's back in my district! Crazy. I'm really excited, but really, really sad to leave Frankfurt. It's been such a great learning time for me. I've been around some incredible missionaries, and was here to help move Präs. Schwartz out and Präs. Stoddard in! A lot has happened. The Mini Mission is moving like crazy, and I'm handing over the steering wheel to Elder Lovelace to finish it out. He's just gotta make sure that everything keeps running smoothly like it has been, and then it's in the bag. :) But as for me, Heidelberg bound, starting Thursday!

 I found a really great scripture this last week. Helaman 12:1-3. Those three verses pretty much sum up the course of our lives, humanity as a whole. I've been studying "happiness" lately, because that is all that anyone wants in life, is to be happy. And a bunch of different times in the scriptures it talks about how they lived after the manner of happiness, or that they were the happiest people that had ever been created by the hand of the Lord, and I wanted to know what kind of happiness it was talking about, and how you find it. I now have three pages in my study journal all about happiness. Times in the Book of Mormon where people were happy, and why. It has been the best study ever. Aside from Helaman 12, another scripture I want you guys to look up is Alma 44:5. Moroni mentions what they owe all their happiness to, literally everything. I'll let ya find it yourselves. :)

 Guys, die Kirche ist wahr. Das kann ich nicht verleugnen. Ich habe viel zu viele Erfahrungen erlebt, worin ich wirklich erkannt habe dass Gott lebt und uns führt und leitet, wenn wir uns auf ihn verlassen. Ich habe es so gern, ein Missionar des Herrn Jesus Christus zu sein. Ich kann euch bezeugen, wie auch den Menschen auf der Strasse, dass er lebt, und euch liebt. Er will dass ihr glücklich werdet. Das ist sein hohes Ziel. Wenn ihr noch mehr Glück und Freude und Frieden finden möchtet, ich empfehle es euch in den Schriften zu forschen, und selbst herauszufinden, wie ihr das alle finden könnt. Ich bin glücklich. Ich vermisse euch, klar, aber ich weiß dass ich ein noch wichtigeres Werk zu tun habe. Das Buch Mormon ist wahr. Habt ihr gestern darin gelesen? Falls nicht, HEUTE. Schlagt das Buch Mormon auf, und fangt an zu lesen. Ich kann euch versprechen dass der Tag besser laufen wird. Und es ist weil dies alles wahr ist. :)

 ** Guys, the Church is true. I can not deny. I have seen far too many experiences where I really realized that God lives and leads and guides us when we trust in him. I have it so much, a missionary of the Lord Jesus Christ. I can testify to you, as well as the people on the street that he lives, and loves you. He wants you to be happy. This is his lofty goal. If you want to find more happiness and joy and peace, I recommend it to you, search the scriptures, and even find out how you can find all the. I am happy. I miss you, sure, but I know that I have to do an even more important work. The Book of Mormon is true. Have you read it yesterday? If not, TODAY. Open the book of Mormon, and begin to read. I can promise you that the day will be better. And it is because this is all true. :)

 Bis das nächste mal!

 -- Elder McGinn

No comments:

Post a Comment