Thursday, April 25, 2013

Email - April 25, 2013

I'm still alive, barely. I don't know how many more splits I can take… it's just not right sleeping in someone elses’ bed. Haha, it's good to be almost finished for now. Tomorrow morning calls come in from Frankfurt, and we all get told what happens next, if something is going to change. Elder Divver is going on 7 and a half months as district leader, which is eternal, so we are completely expecting a call tomorrow morning saying that he's being released, but ya never know! Missionary work is 110% inspired, I realize that more every single day! A lot of people are starting to freak out though, in this next shift we get SEVENTEEN new sisters. We only have like 20 something in our entire mission, so almost everyone is expected to train, and a lot of the golden sisters are not ready for that assignment. I am definitely hoping that Elder Divver and I stay together at least one more if not two more cycles here in Euskirchen!

 Life could not get any better right now (yes, I did just knock on some wood). This last week we got 50 telephone numbers for potential investigators, just through street contacting. Fifty!! It is unreal, we have no idea what is going on. Everyone here is unnaturally friendly and open to everything we have to share, and our ward and even Stake Presidency are beyond excited and keep checking up on us all the time to see how the work is going and if there's anything they can do to help. If it keeps rolling like this, they are expecting to set up a new branch here in Euskirchen sometime soon because we already have so many members near this area and the success is just taking off. The Lord knows when people are ready… all we can do is harvest as fast as possible.

So as you are probably thinking, this is a really weird time to be receiving (who knows how to spell that stupid word anymore) an email from a missionary, and it truly is. We were given just a little bit of time to kind of fill you guys in, but because it is so close to just the next P Day and then Mother's Day where I actually get to see all of your wunderschön gesichten, they told us to keep it kind of short until it's an actual P Day! So hold on, and if you don't want to email me again before then, then FINE. But I'll email you all back in just a few days.

 But before I sign off, I wanna leave you guys with a cute little story that made my whole week. So last Sunday was Stake Conference up in Dusseldorf, and with meetings like that, not even Elder Divver could understand everything that was going on. But in my frustration, I noticed a little six year old girl in front of me who was making/copying all of the faces I was making. So after playing this game for a few minutes, I pulled out a little notebook and started drawing pictures on it for her to guess what it was. After a cat, a bow, a bicycle, a dress, and a butterfly, I was running out of girly ideas. But just then, more excited than ever she said "draw a temple!!" And I was shocked. This six year old only wanted to see a temple because she told me it's the prettiest picture of all. And she's right. I hope you all go to the temple as much as you can, because I sure do miss it out here. Especially in Utah, we are so spoiled, fifteen minutes is never too far. Like President Thomas S. Monson said in the October 2010 Liahona, 'how far is heaven? I say to you that in the Temple it is not far at all.' It's the gateway to our ultimate goal, and I could go off forever but I gotta go, but I hope you all realize how lucky we are to have temples today, and to never take them for granted, because people out here absolutely don’t.

 I love you all so much, and I'll hear from you again (or you from me) in about three days where I don't feel terribly guilty about being on the computer. Haha! I'll hear from you all then! Sorry about the terrible email! I'm alive, I'm happy, and I'm doing all that I can. That's all you need to know anyway. Machts gut!

 -- Elder Cameron McGinn

No comments:

Post a Comment