Monday, September 16, 2013

Email & Pictures - September 16, 2013

I'm glad to hear that you all had a pretty typical week! On the topic of rain...yeah, we're back to how it was when I first came out here! I didn't see the sun or the blue sky for about a month and a half, and it's starting to look like it's already back! I miss the sun already. The Germans keep promising me that it will come back out for like a week in October again, but after that, it's just cold, gray skies until April. Ouch, right? Well, I best start looking for a winter coat!

 Please tell me you guys are getting a crazy roof now to replace the old one. I bet Dad's put in his vote for a mosaic of his face on the roof out of different colored shingles! I second your vote, Dad!

 It sounds like you're doing work, Syd! Don't worry if you aren't winning them all, my freshman football season we lost our first game 68-0 and didn't win a single game. It sucks, but it gives you the best experience ever, and then later on when you're good, if you do lose it doesn't just kill you and get you down cause you know how to take it! Just keep slayin it, listen to McKenna, and the W's will start comin!

 Hahaha your analogies never fail to make me laugh for a solid five minutes, Dad. (I swear, if this large man squeezes between me and Hobson to get out to the bathroom for the 5th time ONE more time...his nose will start to bleed. K sorry about that)

 Katia has now made incredible progress. As of yesterday, she has now been taught, committed, and accepted everything. The only downside… she goes back to Kazakstan in two weeks, and with all of the schedule confusion and time constraint, it isn't possible for her to get baptized here in Germany, like we all wanted. But we looked up the ward in Kazakstan that she would belong to, and she says that she would love to be baptized there as well! I am so excited for her. Over these few weeks I have come to love her and the Buchmiller family so much, it almost makes me want to cry that she is leaving. But in the short time she's been here, she has been introduced to the gospel, been taught the lessons, and now has a desire to be baptized. I bet she never could have imagined that in a million years while she was getting her internship all ready back in Kazakstan! It's amazing how the Lord works. His plan is perfect, and we just work our notes right into the Great Composer's master symphony, playing our own harmony. (In the words of President Uchtdorf, the German, baby!) I'm sad that we won't get to see it and be there, that isn't what matters at all. It's about that she comes closer to our Father in Heaven, just one more step in this critical point in the Plan of Salvation, where all of our little decisions matter so much.

 Speaking of the Buchmillers, they LOVE Löwen Senf, which is why I am going to find out how long it lasts, and if it's long enough, ship a couple of packages over to you guys to share amongst yourselves. (I recommend playing "the Sharing Song" by Jack Johnson whilst you do so). I know you would all freu yourselves, as the Germans would say. Haha, Oktoberfest is indeed coming, starting next week! I don't know whether to be excited or scared, but it's gonna be a riot either way!

 Well, we better sign off, we gotta run meet the zone in Nürnberg to go check out the city and break Hobson into the area, but I love you all! This Church is true. People need it. In fact, they are starving for it. Don't hesitate to share the message that this world so desperately needs with someone around you. They accepted Heavenly Father's plan as well in the pre earth life, that is why they are here. Help them remember why they are here, and where they are going. It changes lives, including ours, when we share it. I love you all, and I'll hear from you all soon! Tell me by how much BYU destroyed Utah next week! Taysom Hill is about to go off again, I know it.

 Until then! Tschicka-tschüss!

 -- Elder McGinn

No comments:

Post a Comment