Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Email & Pictures - June 3, 2013


HAH! Surprised? Look who is emailing first thing Monday morning. That would be me. I bet you all won't even check your emails until Wednesday or something either. P Days are getting back on track, and right after this we're checking out the Haribo Factory, and a castle in Königswinter. Not to rub it in or anything.
.
Hahaha.  I probably should start watching my cholesterol with Cheerios, now that I'm over the hill with that 19th birthday. Have the wheelchair ready when I get back. But yes, Tiana is keeping me happy and motivated. She rewards me with a PEZ every time we study hard. I am now determined to collect the entire Disney Princess collection, hint hint, so judge me all you want. We haven't been out to eat yet, but that will come soon! 

Martin is indeed still on for this weekend, and he is more stoked than we are, which is very hard to do! We meet with him every Wednesday and Saturday at Mickey D's in Köln (no, that doesn't mean we eat there every time too, I'm not massive) when he has his breaks from work, and we'll meet with him this Wednesday to cover the last few commandments and figure out the program! He has been the most simple, easy going person to teach in the world, and I think I've really been spoiled these last two cycles and am kinda scared for the future, not gonna lie! Haha so I will let you all know how it goes, and it should just be amazing.

 Martin's baptism does just add to the crazy shejule, as Dad would say. This weekend is Martin's interview, his baptism, then on Sunday is the first ever sacrament meeting IN Euskirchen for just one hour in a member's home, but also Martin's confirmation in the Bonn ward an hour away! So it's a little hectic, and we obviously don't want to miss either one, but these are very good problems to have, if I do say so myself.  Euskirchen is getting ready for the split into a branch, and that would just make the success here skyrocket. We could not be possibly more pumped, and are hoping we stick one more cycle together here before one or both of us get transferred, but we'll find out Saturday morning!

On Friday we had a "power split" in Euskirchen with the two elders from Köln, and we just had some blank, white time in our planners, which means one thing: finding. Yikes. Everyone's favorite, But when you get four Elders together like the four we had, we take President's challenge seriously and get our thinking caps on. After a little brainstorming, we came up with the "Putz-Polizei" (the cleaning police) and strapped up. On a huge whiteboard we wrote "Putz Polizei" with all of our offered services, free of charge of course, and carried brooms, mops, dustpans, and a vacuum with us as we doored our neighborhood. Two ladies almost died of laughter when they came to the door, and told us they had already cleaned this week, but we could definitely come back next week, and one lady thought we were really affiliated with the police and only peeked out a crack in her door until she realized who we were. But the best of all was our next door neighbor across the hall in our apartment building was laughing so hard that she invited us over for coffee this week whenever we want. We'll pass on the coffee, but you KNOW we'll definitely be going over. Successful split in Euskirchen: check. I was also in Duisberg (just wait til you see the picture), Aachen, Düsseldorf, and Solingen this cycle. Splits may be the death of me, but I'm definitely getting my money's worth out of Germany! 

I would also just like to tell you that we just received the news that this summer in Germany has been and will be the coldest summer in Germany since 1816. Oh joy. Isn't that when woolly mammoths walked the earth? So enjoy your sunshine you little jerks, cause there's none here… only in our hearts. :) Yuck. 

We gotta run meet our district at Bonn Hauptbahnhof, but I just want to let you all know how grateful I am for everything you have ever done for me. All of you have had such an influence on me that has shown me how happy families are supposed to be, and what they can be, and because of that example and knowledge, I can help people find that same happiness out here in Euskirchen, Germany. I always mean to bear my testimony in German, but sometimes I can't describe how grateful I am well enough in another language.

 Ich liebe mein Erlöser, Jesus Christus, und alles das er für mich getan hat. Er lebt heute, und leibt uns immer noch, und möchtet dass wir zu ihm kommen. Es gibt nur glück wann wir näher zu ihm kommen, also warum warten wir jetzt? Wir bekommen ein neues tag, jeden tag, näher zu ihm zu kommen, und wir sollen es nutzen während wir es noch haben. Ich habe euch lieb, und eine schöne woche noch bis nächstes mal! Bleib glück und lacheln!  (I love my Savior, Jesus Christ, and all that he has done for me. He lives today, and still leibt us and want us to come to him. There is only happiness when we come closer to him, so what are we waiting for now? We get a new day, every day, to get closer to him, and we should take advantage of it while we still have it. I love you, and have a nice week until next time! Stay happy and smile!)


- Euer lieblings, Elder McGinn

Syd, that Grandma disguise of yours isn't fooling me.

The birthday boy doing is thang.  Yes, the sisters here in Bonn baked me this cake and rode a whole hour to bring it to me and sing me "Happy Birthday"!

Check it out...the boys and their wahrheit, all three languages in my apartment!  (Don't worry Pa, this email is in your language so don't feel bad)

No comments:

Post a Comment