Monday, January 12, 2015

Email - January 12, 2015

Yo tango un testimonio en el Dios y tambien en el Libro de Mormon. El libro de Mormon es mi libro favorito.

Well, family, this is it! This is so weird, I really don't like it. I've been trying to ignore the fact for so long, but now I'm seeing some people for literally the last time, and I have to force myself to face the fact that I'm leaving and saying goodbye. It's been really, really hard. Harder than I ever imagined it would be. I had a good, long interview with President Stoddard last week, which was the best preparation I could ever have for going home. We talked about everything, and he helped me really to feel that the Lord is pleased with me and my efforts, even when I haven't been able to receive that witness and confirmation on my own. I hope that He is. I hope that I did enough. But I can't change that now, I can only give everything that's left in me to these last few days, and then submit my work to Him! This could be the longest email ever, but I'm not going to do that, because you'll all hear it from me a million times over as soon as I'm home. You're going to very quickly ask me to stop sharing stories and talking about my mission. My mission has changed my life. It has saved me. It has given me my own testimony, and made it as solid as steel. This Church is true and is the only living church on the earth.

 Das weiß ich von ganzem Herzen. Ich könnte mein Zeugnis nie verleugnen. Es, und die Erfahrungen die ich gesammelt habe bedeuten mir viel zu viel, um sowas je zu machen. Ich liebe meinen Herrn, und weiß dass er mir in allem beisteht. Er versteht mich mit einem vollkommenen Verständnis, und freut sich jedes mal wenn ich zu ihm komme, egal aus welchem Grund. Ich werde nie der selbe Mensch sein der ich vor meiner Mission war. Das Evangelium ist ein Evangelium und Lebensweise der Änderungen. Das Evangelium verlangt dass wir uns ändern mussen. Uns zu ändern heißt das wir das Evangelium gelebt und beherzigt haben. Ich werde immer würdig dafür leben, die Beziehungen und Freundschaften, die ich entwickelt habe, zu pflegen und behalten. Jesus Christus steht im Mittelpunkt in meinem Leben, und wird da stehen bleiben. Ich bin froh dass ich diese Chance hatte, ihm dienen zu dürfen und mich wachsen zu lassen.

 (I know with all my heart. I could never deny my testimony . It, and the experience I have gained important to me too much to make something ever. I love my master, and knows that he stands by me in everything. He understands me with a perfect understanding, and looks forward to every time I come to him, for whatever reason . I'll never be the same person I was before my mission. The gospel is a gospel and lifestyle changes. The Gospel demands that we must change ourselves. To change us, that means we have the gospel lived and heeded. I will always live worthy of it, to maintain and keep the relationships and friendships I've developed . Jesus Christ is at the center of my life, and will remain there. I'm glad that I had the chance to be able to serve him, and to let me grow.)

 This last week was filled with transfer planning, the transfer call, and driving to Nürnberg to be present at an amazing baptism that President couldn't be at, so he sent us in his place. Also, after church yesterday, we ordained Daniel to the Aaronic Priesthood as a Priest. Couldn't be happier right now. :)

 This next week is simply filled with appointments to say goodbye and hand over the teaching to Elder Allen and Elder Lovelace, who will be taking my spot, and then spending the day with the new goldens, then the leavers' temple session and testimony meeting, and then at 8:05 a.m. my time the plane lifts off!

 I love you all. Unfortunately I can't sum up everything I want to in this email, but I hope that you will be able to see in me everything I wish I could say. I'll be seeing you all soon, so don't go anywhere anytime soon and don't have too much fun without me!

 zum letzten Mal... (for the last time…)

 Bis Freitag! (Until Friday!)

 Elder McGinn

No comments:

Post a Comment