Monday, January 20, 2014

Email - January 20, 2014

Well, well, well, back again! Coming live from the Black Forest!

 I realized just barely that I always ask how you all are doing, but you can't answer, and you just barely told me anyway! So I'll just assume that you all are doing well, yeah? :)

 Wow, you should have let me know that it was National Popcorn Day, and we would have celebrated as well! Maybe that's why I saw a crowd of people dressed up in cat, dog, and cow costumes the other day walking around the streets. But that's pretty typical.

 Ah, German, the mother tongue. I bet Houston did awesome, I wish I could have been there to listen to his Austrian drawl on his Deutsch! It's all one language, but it sounds TOTALLY different depending on where you are. All three of my areas have been totally different!

 I try to forget that Syd can drive in only a short little while, I'll find some kind of arm cast to send for her birthday, just in preparation for when she runs into the basketball pole!

 This week has been going good! The best news of all is that Herr Döschner passed his baptismal interview, and will be baptized this Saturday at 3 o'clock! After 8 months of investigating and making progress, he has finally made it, and he couldn't be happier! We're way excited, and we'll let you know how it went! Saidu and Wojtek are also making serious progress, and we hope to set another baptismal date this week, to replace Döschner! The work is rolling along, and we're doing all we can to keep it going. It's been a busy week including two splits, and Zone Training Meeting in Heidelberg where I was asked the NIGHT BEFORE to give a 15 minute presentation on Finding with Confidence! I put something together in the time I had, and it went solid! At least another day of notice would have been nice though, not gonna lie!

 We've been getting a lot of tedious (aka Area Book Work/etc.) work done , and this week we're hoping to have a lot more time for other things now that those things are out of the way! It's looking like a busy week, with Döschner's baptism to top it off, to which he said he'll be inviting family, friends, and neighbors, so hopefully we find some more interested people as well! What better place to contact than at a baptism where they are already in the church, around members, feeling the spirit, right?? I thought so too. :)

 Dad, that's our new mission president?!?! I didn't even know there was one already called! I may be the only elder aside from the AP's who is now aware of that fact. :) How is he? I want you to tell me what you know, because I'm excited to work with him for the next little while of my mish! I'm sad to see President Schwartz preparing to go. All of our goals are til June, when he is finished, and none of us want him to leave. He's the most loving, understanding, inspired person I've ever met, and I have come to love him incredibly. But it's always exciting for change too!

 We have a really short p-day today because of a member appointment down in Baden-Baden, so we gotta go. But I love you all! You all are always in my prayers. I know this Church is true, and I'm so blessed to be able to share that every single day! I'm happy, I'm healthy, and I'm being good, Mom, don't worry. :)

 Ich hab euch alle liebe. I love you all.

 -- Elder McGinn

No comments:

Post a Comment